If you’ll looking for a top quality, high mileage running shoe, take a look at the Asics GEL-Kayano 21. This is the lightest Kayano, Asics have producted. With a 21 year history this shoe has unparalleled support and stability. Designed for a wide variety of running gaits, the stability, support, and expansive GEL Cushioning is especially helpful to the overpronator, offering a biomechanically beneficial platform that helps the runner maintain a more neutral step.
Overpronation is when the foot rolls in excessively, or at a time when it should not, for instance late in the stance phase of gait. In this case much weight is transferred to the inner or medial side of the foot, and as the runner moves forward the load is borne by the inner edge rather than the ball of the foot. This destabilises the foot, which will attempt to regain stability by compensating for the inward movement. In a kind of chain reaction, this in turn affects the biomechanical efficiency of the leg, especially the knee and hip.
- A great high mileage shoe, if your looking to up the K’s, the Kayano is one of the best shoes.
- The Kayano 21 is 15% lighter and has 20% more bounce.
- You will love the silky smooth heel-to-toe transitions of the Rear Foot Crash Pad.
- The new ComforDry X40 Sockliner gives enhanced cushioning and improved durability.
- Great for the mild to moderate overpronators. You’ll feel more supported while getting a secure, glove-like fit thanks to the 21’s Heel Clutching System that works in perfect harmony with the premium FluidFit upper to provide a truly customized fit.
- They have a 5 star rating by many people…check out what people are saying, over 1000 reviews on Amazon ASICS Men’s Gel Kayano 21 Running Shoe
There have been comments, these shoes are too narrow or tight. I suggest checking out the following charts if you have wide feet:
For those that have a neutral gait these shoes would still work for you. I’m a neutral and have run in Kayano’s for years…running a 100K’s per week, these are a great high mileage training shoe…I highly recommend them for either a neutral or overpronator. As mentioned above these shoes are also suited to other running gaits too.
Hope this was helpful.